Monday, March 23, 2009

no post in over 7 days because i've been traveling ;)

Spring Break '09.

South Padre, Girls Gone Wild. I was all over it....

Yeah Right.

That's not my style. I love the beach, but I'm not a huge fan of keg stands or half (some full) naked people hanging all over each other. I went camping, I would feel like a fake calling myself "granola", but I might consider "trail mix" or maybe "dried fruit". You know, something healthy with a mix of civilization. I like being outside, so when I get to take a break from school, that's where I want to be. We went to Garner State Park. It's on the Frio River, and let me tell you, Frio (cold in spanish) is the biggest understatement of the century. My soul was freezing when I emerged from that pool of death. So stinkin cold! However, it was 80 deg outside, and we did about 4 hours of hiking each day, so sticking your feet in the ice bath to cool off was the perfect relief.

I went with my conversation partner from China, and we met up with one of her friends and all of her friend's friends. 15 people, all freshman, except me...the senior. Now I'm not one to turn up my nose to the underclassmen, but a select few of these new friends pushed me to the edge of insanity. They were all from the same town and these few people attended community college with all of their high school friends. They had a small town mindset that was closed off to any new ideas and this was made evident through the mocking of nearby campers. I tolerate a lot, but this was just annoying. I've learned to remove myself from situations, and that is just what I did to make for a successful, relaxing camping trip.

Spring Break is a tease.

No comments:

Post a Comment