Sunday, April 5, 2009

Destination X

We're going traveling the two weeks after my program ends, but where to go is the current issue. I appreciate the art thing, not much of a shopper, love people watching, and I'm obsessed with scenery. The typical places seem to be:

France: Paris
Italy: Rome, Venice, Milan
Spain: Barcelona, Madrid, Seville

I'm not intrigued by any of these places. I would like to go somewhere that isn't touristy, and I'm afraid that the former fall perfectly into that category. I would love to go to Barcelona for the beach, but I'm confident I can find a great beach that isn't overpopulated.

I'm picking two countries to go to. I've been exploring Switzerland, Ireland, Croatia, but still considering France or Spain. Switzerland has the mountainous scenery that I love, Croatia has noteworthy kayaking trips and Ireland is the country that people can't stop talking about. As for France and Spain, I'm keeping them in the mix because I just feel wrong not visiting a popular destination...like I'll be missing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment