Thursday, April 30, 2009

when swine fly

My parents recently caught on to this whole texting phenomenon--about 5 years late, but I'm still proud. Their messages started out as one long word, "callmewhenyougetoutofclass", but now they're pros, they use spaces and even punctuation! Well today I received a text from my dad, "It was once said that a black man would be president 'when pigs fly'; indeed 100 days into Obama's presidency...Swine Flu." Now I'm pretty sure someone forwarded that to him because that message included capitalization and numbers, two things that are out of his texting capabilities. I don't care if you're a right or left wing supporter--that message is amusing. We had Bird Flu a few years ago, and now it's Swine Flu. Who knew that each animal had its own epidemic? Texas A&M has cancelled all programs traveling to Mexico until this issue is resolved. The local cases (U.S.) haven't been life threatening, but I'm told that the Mexico cases are a little more severe. Symptoms are similar to your seasonal flu symptoms: fever, chills, fatigue, etc.

Wash your hands, don't cough on people, don't frolic in a field with pigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment