Monday, May 4, 2009

mickey mouse in germany

For the study abroad trip, we are required to take 6hrs of the 9hrs that are offered in the program. Due to the fact that I have already completed one of the offered courses, I am required to participate in the PSYC 485 Independent Research Course. As part of this course, I am responsible for preparing an informative presentation for the other students on the trip. My topic is the Bavarian Alps. These particular Alps house a world famous castle: the Neuschwanstein Castle. This castle is the exact castle that Walt Disney replicated the Sleeping Beauty castle after. 1.3 million people visit this castle a year. It is one of the most popular destinations while visiting Germany. The building was erected in 1868 by King Ludwig ll. He built it with the intentions of living in it after it was completed; however, the Kind died before it was finished, so it became the property of Germany.

I hope that we get a chance to visit this castle, but I suspect disappointment. You must drive up the mountain to reach the castle, and I highly doubt that our program has arranged for transportation of 25 people to see a Disney castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment