Monday, May 11, 2009

the final countdown

I leave for Europe in less than 2 months...finally. All I have left to do is tie up some loose ends on the financial side of things, get extra prescriptions from my doctor and research a few more things to do while I'm over there. I will be in Germany for 5.5 weeks (still debating what to do during my free weekend), and then my sister will meet me in Rome on my last day. My sister and I have finally decided what we are going to do for the two weeks that she's over there. Italy and Ireland are official. She will meet me in Rome (not sure if I will fly or ride, but I'll figure something out), and then we're going to make our way around Italy, hopefully spending plenty of time at the beaches. I'm really excited about seeing the landscape and architecture of Italy, not to mention the food and charming people. Next, a two day stop in Paris is up in the air. I feel like it would be unforgivable to go to Europe and not visit Paris, but we'll see if it fits in. After that, it's Ireland. I'm anxious to see the cliffs and the countryside. I hear it's unlike anything you'll ever see. I wouldn't mind taking a bike ride through the country. It would make sense for us to leave from Ireland back to the states, but things are always more complicated than I would like. I'm probably taking two bags to Europe, and there is no way I'm backpacking with two bags, so I'm leaving one in Germany for the last two weeks. I guess it will be nice to to bid one last farewell before I go home. I wish I was leaving tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment