Saturday, May 9, 2009

my birthday


Yesterday was my birthday. I am now 22 and in a state of mourning. Last year was exciting because I was 21, but this year it's just like, ok...I'm older, my friends are married or graduated or relocated...yay. 21 was memorable. My mom planned a surprise trip to Cancun for my b-day. We stayed at a really nice hotel with a really nice beach, and I got a really nice tan. It was perfect. I wasn't interested in doing the crazy nightlife Cancun scene, but I was down for snorkeling. Every time we plan to go snorkeling, my sister has a mental breakdown the night before. She has to talk herself out of calling the whole trip off. I don't really think it's a fear of sharks, but rather a fear of being out of her element. Your swimming on top of hundreds of creatures with the possibility that at least one of them has a couple rows of sharp teeth. Her fear is reasonable. One time, we were snorkeling in Playa del Carmen, and a storm blew in. The rain felt like needles pouring down, the tide picked up and started taking my mom out to sea. It was frightening to say the least. Although this birthday wasn't as eventful, it still ended up being a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment