Friday, May 8, 2009


One day I get this call from my friend Lindsey, "hey Britt! So, do you want to go to New Orleans this weekend?" Me, "yeah I guess I could skip a day of school"...we were off. She has a friend there (guy in picture) that does relief work around town, so we thought that we could go for a leisurely weekend to visit. Well I'm pretty sure that we were wrong. When we get there everything seems cool. We go to Cafe Du Monde, take a stroll around the french quarter, and then Kevin says "oh hey do yall want to go camping?" I am always down for camping, but my clothing selection wasn't very promising--i agreed anyways. Well he proceeds to tell us that we're going camping in Florida! I left College Station on Friday, we drove to New Orleans and got there late Friday night. We woke up the next morning and hit the road to Florida. When we got to beach we're camping at, we realize that our little friend Kevin brought a two person tent for him and his other friend. Where is the tent for me and Lindsey you ask? WE DON'T HAVE ONE, nor do we have any sleeping bags/blankets/pillows, but hey, we can roll with the punches. So we're all sitting around the fire on the beach, I was a little annoyed that the majority of our weekend was spent on the road, but we were finally here and everything was going to be ok. Wrong. So we decide to go to sleep. Lindsey and I had to sleep in car. I've tried to sleep in the car many times, it's never a good night's sleep, but it works--most of the time. This particular time made me want to pull my hair out. The weather dropped down to the 50s, we didn't have blankets and there were 4 mosquitoes trapped in the car with us. We spent hours trying to catch them, but they would retreat to the back of the suv. We gave up. We ignored the buzzing and instead talked about how we were going to kill Kevin when we woke up. He has good intentions, but he's just a little absent minded. So the next morning we were ready to get the heck out of there, so we get in the car and head back to New Orleans. We stop at Whole Foods to get lunch, and Kevin locks the keys in the car. Are you freakin kidding me?? All I wanted was a shower and a nap, and now we were stuck sitting on the curb waiting for pop-a-lock. Once they popped that lock, we were gone. FINALLY.

Recap: Drove to NOrleans...went to sleep...drove to Florida...fought mosquitoes...drove to NOrleans...help prisoner by locked up keys...dropped off the worst event planner ever...drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment