Sunday, May 10, 2009

foodie

One of my concerns in life is food. Healthy food. It annoys me that you can get a fatty cheeseburger for $.99, but if you want a salad, $6.00. We wonder why we have an obesity epidemic in our midst. When we go to Germany, I don't want to eat crappy food. I hear that everything is a little more expensive over there and food is no exception. I was reading this blog the other day, and it was talking about how different places will try to trick tourists into buying overpriced "meal deals". I don't want to be the uneducated tourist that falls into the trap. I've been hearing about these little stands where you can buy gyros. You walk up, pick your meat (beef, chicken and lamb), and they start slicing it off this rotating stick. I hear it's good, but it sounds questionable in my opinion. I'm very particular about my meat, so eating something that has been sitting out all day makes me nervous. I want cheap, healthy options. I'm not sure if I will find them, but I will definitely be looking into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment