Thursday, May 7, 2009

my future


I'm one of those people that will visit a place for three days and then say that I want to move there. It's not that I hate Texas, I actually like Texas. People are usually friendly, it's relaxed and 100% of my family members live here. However, I find it a bit ridiculous that I start sweating the minute I step outside. This humidity is unbearable and makes for miserable camping trips. I am not a huge fan of freezing cold weather, but I have decided that I would rather shovel snow than break a sweat while walking from my house to my car. My family has taken many trips to Colorado, and that's where I want to be. My mom maintains the opinion that I will last a year before I decide that it's too cold, but I'm on a mission to prove her wrong. When I go to Colorado, especially in the summer, I am happy. The weather is perfect for the activities I enjoy, and I just feel relaxed. I love skiing in the winter, so it's a win win situation. I believe that my previous complaints towards the bitter cold, are all centered around the fact that I don't know how to dress in cold weather. My winter wardrobe consists of long sleeve t-shirts and thin jackets. Once I pick up a few sets of long-underwear, I'm sure I will be content.

I cannot wait to escape this humidity.

Picture: Durango, Colorado. The ideal location for my future house.

No comments:

Post a Comment